Obviously, I love to cook and create delicious items. Last night, I went bonkers and created a dish that I just had to share the recipe for. Read the directions completely before making.
Cream Cheese Fruit Oatmeal Barr’s (Love my last name. It fits everywhere. Haha)
For oatmeal mixture:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups white flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 cups quick oats
For cream cheese spread:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 c. fresh fruit (blueberries, raspberry and boysenberry) Puree until just about smooth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch pan with shortening.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and quick oats. Press 2 cups of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust.
- Spread pureed fruit evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Spread remaining oatmeal mixture on top of fruit.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until set. Cool on rack.
Enjoy and don’t forget to send me your comments!